Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! We are excited and ready. We have learned several things over the last 18 months and one of those things is that we have an amazing staff of teachers and administrators. They have really made sure that our children are happy, healthy, and safe. They deserve so much praise and so many thanks.
Just a few reminders as we move into the school year.
We are still in the midst of a global pandemic. While there are few regulatory guidelines, we will be following many of the recommendations and procedures that we have used over the last 18 months to keep our staff, children, and families healthy and safe.
1. If you are in contact with anyone COVID-19 positive, you need to follow Delaware Department of Health Guidance for quarantine and isolation. If you are in contact with someone who is likely COVID-19 positive, please wait the appropriate amount of time and get tested. Please follow this guidance to quarantine and isolate.
2. If anyone in your household is quarantining or required to get a COVID-19 test to rule out contact or a positive case – your child needs to also remain home until all household members are cleared.
3. Please make sure your child is healthy and able to participate in school activities. Persistent and consistent COVID-19 symptoms will need to be tested and/or child seen by a doctor.
4. A fever of 100.4 will be immediately sent home and the child needs to be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
5. Reminder that our entry way and hallways are ONE way. Enter through the front door, pick up child’s things, pick up child (if inside), exit out the back door. If child is outside, please circle around and re-enter the building and pick up child from playground.
6. Classroom co-horts: we are keeping children within their groups while inside. This does impact staffing and is more difficult. We feel this is best practice for spread of all illnesses.
7. EEC will open at 7:15am and close at 5:30pm. As we still deal with COVID-19, we need to continue to keep staff hours more flexible. *If you have discussed/planned for earlier drop off/later pick up with the administrative team they are being honored. Please just send us a quick email to email@example.com.
For families that are part of the school age bridge week (leaving EEC after this week), we are asking that you drop off at 8:30am and pick up by 4pm. We are trying to accommodate everyone that needs childcare this week, and this would be very helpful. If your child is in Pre-4, room 10 and you have the ability to drop off a little later this week, it would be helpful.
EEC is hiring. We have both full time and part time positions available. These would be great for college or high school students. Hours are 11:30am-5:30pm or 1:30pm-5:30pm or 3pm-5:45pm.
EEC is MOSTLY full. We are accepting a few infants, one year olds, and 4 year olds. Please share with your friends!
We are doing a playground update and need help! Please mark your calendars for September 25th at 10am. We are completing a grant and will be adding a designated mud and digging area as well as some other new and exciting features. The more hands the better. We will send out a sign up genius!
We are also excited to announce that we will slowly begin using the BrightWheel system.We will send out more information as we introduce the software.This will reduce paper, allow more streamlined record keeping, and hopefully make billing a lot more consistent and user friendly.